The Happiest Place on Earth
Planning a trip to Disney World can be very involved. But, it does not have to be hard! Traveling Mom shares some ways to save at the resorts, at the parks, and in the shops.
Ways to Save at Resorts:
1. Use TouringPlans.com to book the best room within your budget
2. Consider Renting a car for less that $100/week instead of paying $17/cab ride
3. Buy groceries pre-arrival to save on the cost of food at the parks
4. Consider purchasing discount park tickets from places like Parksavers using promo codes
5. Utilize your resort-- many resorts offer free childcare so couples can grab a quiet bite to eat!
Free Disney Attractions:
1. Try free samples of Coca Cola products from around the world as Club Cool members at Epcot
2. Autographs from Disney characters can make a great memento
3. Campfire Sing-a-longs are offered every night for Walt Disney World Resort guests
4. Balloon characters are offered at many resort front desks-- great way to decorate your hotel room!
5. Check out Kidcot Fun Centers filled with arts and craft activities at Epcot
How to Save on Souvenirs:
1. Set a budget and stick to it! How much per child? Who are bringing souvenirs home for?
2. Consider using Disney gift cards. These can be purchased even before you leave for your trip.
3. Buy Disney Souvenirs before heading to the park. For example, you can purchase a Disney Character Autograph book online at reduced prices before you arrive.
4. Implement a behavior reward system, where kids can purchase a souvenir for good behavior on the trip
5. Just say "no." Disney is full of souvenir temptation. Sometimes, it is okay to pass up an opportunity. There will definitely be another chance if you cane your mind!