Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese, Arugula & Spinach
It might not feel like it today in New York, but summer time is coming to an end. However, that doesn’t mean our fruity, colorful, refreshing summer salads have to as well. A friend and Camp Reveille camper, Janet Penn, recommended this mouth-watering watermelon salad recipe that sounds delicious!
Recipe makes 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups bite sized watermelon chunks
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine the arugula, spinach, onions, and tomatoes in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad mixture; toss to coat.
- Add the feta cheese and watermelon to serve.