Roses are red, violets are blue when it comes to Valentines safety would you know what to do?
Safety is probably the last thing on your mind as you pick out your perfect red outfit, matching heels and jewelry for tomorrow's festivities. After all, Valentine’s Day is supposed to be about love and romance! Many are excited to spend the day celebrating love with their partner and families, but for those who are venturing out for the first time in hopes to find Mr. Right, Valentine's Day can be the perfect setting for an attacker. Let us remind you of some simple safety tips that will help you avoid becoming the victim of a potential threat or attack before heading out on cupids special day.
1. You may not have all the details about your date but tell someone close to you as much information as you can such as your dates name, what kind of car they drive, what time they are picking you up. These can all be very important details in case something goes wrong.
2. Keep your drink in your possession or cover it if you have to walk away. If you are suspicious about it for any reason, ask for another. Only you know how much liquor you can handle. Be sure to stop before you have had too much.
3. Remember that it’s ok to say NO to anything that is making you uncomfortable.
4. Always have your pepper spray with you. No excuses it will fit in the tiniest purse. Remember it’s legal in all 50 states!
5. Most importantly, trust your instincts. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Remember a couple seconds of something bad happening to you will change the rest of your life.
For additional safety tips or to have us as a guest speaker or conduct a workshop visit our website www.simpleselfdefenseforwomen.com
Remember, safety can be simple!
Tracy Vega, Co-Founder- Simple Self Defense for Women